Saturday, January 29, 2011

Smartr api - a free api to build apps like Smartr, Flipboard and Lazyscope


Applications like Flipboard, Lazyscope, and Smartr.mobi are all built using backend technology that prefetches web content, and cleans it up for better readability.

We've come across many developers with great ideas for apps but who get stuck with the implementation and scaling of an algorithm that does cleanup. So we're putting out our backend servers through a free api so you can build amazing applications without worrying about all the backend stuff!

Try it out at http://cln.me/api


This api has three main features :
  1. provides an embeddable piece of multimedia for almost any link,
  2. provides important metadata about content inside a webpage ( text, title, images, videos, etc in json format) and finally,
  3. renders most webpages into a beautiful readable format for phones and tablets.




1 comment:

  1. Hello: The Smartr app is awesome. I have it installed on my iPhone for one of my Twitter feeds and on my iPad for the other. Of course, the iPad version is actually the iPhone version, but it works.
    However, I could not find anywhere to write you for support.
    1) Down the line, it would be great if you allowed more than one Twitter feed.
    2) More importantly immediately--I need a way to access the exact Posterous blog to send a post. I tried it yesterday and it worked perfectly, BUT it went to the first blog on my Posterous. I have four blogs there and I wanted the feed to go to another Posterous blog. How do I do that? This is VERY important as a lot of people have more than one Posterous Blog.
    Thank you.
    I don't believe in posting "bad reviews" on iTunes when I can contact the developer directly, but it sure was hard contacting you!

    ReplyDelete